Molly’s Suds Unscented Laundry Detergent Powder Review
Molly’s Suds is a laundry detergent that made it to Shopping Hog’s product review round table. We are excited to give a first-hand account of how this detergent worked for one of our editors Anilise Starre. There is no better shopper to give the Molly’s Suds Product Review other than an experienced and diligent shopper as Anilise. Read Anilise’s review below:
What will you love about Molly’s Suds Unscented Laundry Detergent Powder?
1. The concept. You will absolutely love buying an environmentally-friendly product. There are no animals harmed or no evasive harm to the environment in the making of the detergent. The website consciously lists so many reason why Molly’s Suds should be the favorite detergent for all your washing needs. The website tagline reads: The Best Laundry Detergent For You And The Earth. A doctor recommended this product to me for health reasons, namely Molly’s Suds unscented version is free of xeno-estrogens.
2. The packaging. Molly’s Suds comes in a colorful resealable heavy-duty plastic bag, in different sizes. There is a blue scoop enclosed to measure about one tablespoon of detergent. (One scoop = One load). The detergent particles can easily fall into the crevices of the resealable bag and interfere with closing the bag in a tight seal, so be mindful of this when re-sealing the bag.
3. Low Suds. The detergent does not contain any sulfates; therefore the detergent produces hardly any suds. I found this to be a bigger plus on my towels after using Molly’s Suds on them for about 2 months: recently while showering, I rubbed my normal soap into a face cloth and there were bubbles galore. This has not happened before with the glycerin soaps I use (glycerin soap hardly lathers). In my opinion, the bubbles were produced because there was less chemical reside on my towels after washing them in Molly’s Suds.
What will you dislike about Molly’s Suds?
1. Ineffective stain cleaning. Unfortunately simple stains like underarm deodorant, makeup on a light-color towel, and a brown soda spill will not come out using just Molly’s Suds in either cold, warm or hot water. It is important to use a stain remover to pre-treat any stains before putting them in the washer.
Molly’s Suds does offer an Oxygen Whitener, which no one here at Shopping Hog has used yet as of this date.
2. The price. I paid roughly $13 for the Molly’s Suds Unscented version package of 80.25 ounces, advertised for 70 loads. I normally pay less than half that price for my favorite liquid detergent in a 40 oz plastic container that contains enough detergent to clean 30 loads. My favorite brand happens to be whatever is on sale that week that I’m shopping. While I do believe there is great value in buying enough detergent that will last longer, for some folks spending $13 for detergent at once can be a bit pricey
3. Purchase options. As of the date of this review in the Spring of 2019, Molly’s Suds is only available locally at select retailers; however Molly’s Suds Unscented Laundry Detergent Powder, 70 Loads, Natural Laundry Soap for Sensitive Skin is available at Amazon with a 1-day delivery option in most areas. Here is to the hopes that more local retailers will start selling the Molly’s Suds products. It is nice to have healthy options from small businesses and even nicer when it is conveniently available for purchase.
Is Molly’s Suds worth buying?
Well that depends on the customers reason for buying Molly’s Suds. For those seeking a more chemically-free detergent than the standard brand-name (or off-brand) detergents that have been around for years, Molly’s Suds is worth trying. Also, for those (like myself) who are seeking products that are specifically xeno-free, then I recommend everyone buy Molly’s Suds products.